Arrest Records is open to the public Monday through Friday from 7-3.
Kern County Sheriff’s Office
1415 Truxtun Avenue
Bakersfield, California 93301
Arrest Records is comprised of four units:
- Arrest Records: Process bookings for every person booked into the downtown Central Receiving Facility, our booking facilities in Ridgecrest and Mojave. Confirm warrants and place holds with other counties and states, working closely with the District Attorney's Office for extradition purposes. Collect fees for civil bench and small claims warrants.
- Registrations: Fingerprints and photographs convicted sex, arson, narcotics, and gang offenders that live in the unincorporated areas of Kern County and within Bakersfield city limits.
- Applicant Live Scan: Although Applicant Live Scan is temporarily closed, we still capture inked prints for specific applicant types at a cost of $10 per card.
- Document Imaging: Scan booking and registration documents into the document imaging system where it can be retrieved at a moment's notice for court/subpoena purposes.
- Identification: Utilizes the Kern County Automated Fingerprint Information System (AFIS) and CAL-ID Statewide Fingerprinting System to identify by fingerprints each person booked into our facilities.
Process bookings for every person booked into the downtown Central Receiving Facility, our booking facilities at Ridgecrest and Mojave. Confirm warrants and place holds with other counties and states. Electronically transmit fingerprint records to the Department of Justice for the creation of or update of state and federal RAP sheets. Disseminate criminal history information to authorized law enforcement personnel, working closely with the District Attorney's Office and local law enforcement in the collection of criminal history information for investigative and judicial proceedings. Collect fees for civil bench warrants and small claims warrants.
Records Release Information:
Public Records Act dictates that we must make available in-custody inmate information to the public. Such information is available by going to the Sheriff's Office website at www.kernsheriff.com. Arrest records are only releasable to authorized law enforcement agency personnel. We will not release criminal history information to the suspect, others involved, family members, or the media.
Criminal history information may be obtained by going to the court website at www.kern.courts.ca.gov. This page includes date of arrest, charges, and court disposition.
We do not release warrant information over the phone. The public may contact the court by phone:
- Felonies - (661) 868-5393, option 4
- Misdemeanors - (661) 868-7207
- Traffic - (661) 868-2382
The suspect may receive a copy of his or her state criminal history by completing a Request for Live Scan Service form and submitting fingerprints electronically to the Department of Justice in Sacramento. The suspect may purchase his or her booking photo for $5.
The suspect may petition the court to seal their criminal history by completing a Petition to Seal and Destroy Adult Arrest Records.
If someone has been arrested using your name and numbers, you can come to Arrest Records with photo id and we'll capture your fingerprints and our Identification Technicians will compare the fingerprints to those from the arrest and complete a form letter stating whether or not the subject of record is the same as you (the subject before us). This is available to the public at no charge.