Location/Directions and Contact Information:
Lerdo Pre-Trial Facility
17695 Industrial Farm Rd.
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Click Here For Map.
The Pre-Trial Facility is the largest Detention Facility operated by the Kern County Sherrif's Office. The facility has a maximum capacity of 1232 inmates. Pre-Trial houses both male and female inmates.
In addition to providing housing for county inmates, the Kern County Sheriff's Office is in contract with other State and Federal agencies to house their inmates. These inmates are predominantly housed at the Pre-Trial facility.
The facility has medical staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, psychiatric staff is available 7 days a week from 7 am to 5 pm.
Pre Trial Visiting Dates And Times:
VISITING - NO VISITING ON MONDAY
A THRU F
TUESDAY & FRIDAY
G THRU M
WEDNESDAY & SATURDAY
N THRU Z
THURSDAY & SUNDAY
11:00 AM TO 2:00 PM & 5:00 PM TO 8:00 PM
PROPERTY RELEASES SUNDAY - FRIDAY 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE KIOSKS LOCATED AT THE MAX MED FACILITY AND THE CENTRAL RECEIVING FACILITY
Visits are recorded and may be monitored for the safety and security of the facility.
When driving to the Lerdo Complex, please be prepared to show your drivers license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance. This will speed up your entry into the complex.
Visitors 18 years old and older "WILL" be required to present valid government identification. Theses include:
- Any U.S. state or federal government issued photo identification.
- Valid passports with photo.
- Expired ID’s including ID’s with holes will not be accepted.
- Visitors under the age of 18 “MUST” be accompanied by a parent or legal, adult guardian.
- Inmates are allowed 2 thirty minute visits per week.
- A visit may include 1 adult with 3 children, or 2 adults with 2 children for a total of 4 visitors. Never more than 2 adults per visit.
- You will only be allowed to take your keys and identification with you to visit. All other items (purse, cell phone, camera, stroller, tobacco, etc.) must be left in your vehicle. There is no storage area available for prohibited items.
- If you have a baby you will be allowed to take 1 diaper, 1 bottle, and 1 plain blanket with you to visit.
- Minors must be under adult supervision at all times. Children will not be allowed to stand on or jump from benches. Repeated warnings to control unruly children will result in termination of your visit.
All visitors, including children will adhere to the Facility Dress Code. NO exceptions.
1. There will be no see-thru tops allowed.
2. No clothing with personal pictures on them.
3. No spaghetti strap/halter tops are permitted.
4. Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
5. Stomach and back must be covered.
6. Bra straps can not be showing.
7. No cleavage.
Visiting by Ex-Felon (PC 4571):
All persons requesting visiting privileges at Pre Trial, who have been previously confined in a State or Federal Prison, must obtain written permission from the facility Lieutenant or his designee, prior to being granted access. If approval is granted, you must have it in your possession while at the Lerdo Complex. To download the form, click here.
- Property releases will be processed on Sunday thru Friday, from 8 am to 8 pm.
- We will not release inmate clothing.
- Inmates may release their money and property to any out of custody person, if the person possesses a valid state or federal government issued picture identification.
Please be aware the process time will take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. You must be willing to wait. Once the property release has been started you must stay at the facility.
GTL can be reached at 1-800-483-8314, Facility # 20077
Correspondence may be made via the US Postal Service. Before it is accepted, it must meet the following criteria:
- Please include the inmates Booking number on the envelope.
- Mail must be plain. Only the letter and the envelope.
- You cannot send cash, money orders, or cashiers checks to the inmate / facility.
- C.O.D. or “Postage Due” mail will not be accepted.
- No sexually explicit material.
- No stickers.
- No tape.
- No photographs.
- No photocopies.
- No blank paper.
- No stamps.
- No blank greeting cards.
- No musical greeting cards.
- No personal checks.
- No lipstick on envelope or letter.
- No hair.
- No perfume.
- No foreign substances.
- No address labels.
- Appropriate paperback books and periodicals may be sent through the mail “ONLY” if they come directly from the publisher, Barnes And Nobles.com, or Amazon.com. (Limit 2 Books Per Shipment)
You may deposit money at a Kiosk located at the:
- Central Receiving Facility or Max-Med Facility
- by phone at: 1-866-232-1899 our facility # is 293301
- Online at http://payments.touchpaydirect.com
- Money orders can be mailed to:
- P.O. Box 660587
- Dallas, TX 75266-2587
- Can I drop off clothing for an inmate that is going to be released?
No. We are not equipped to handle any additional property. If the clothing is for a Immigration inmate please contact Immigration at 661-328-4500.
- What jury trial court clothes are allowed for drop off? Inmate will only be allow two (2) sets at one time.
Only one of the following three items:
A dress, or A pair of pants and a blouse, or A skirt and a blouse.
One jacket, vest or sweater.
One belt (no large buckles).
One pair of shoes.
Two pair of pantyhose.
One pair of pants.
One coat, vest or sweater.
One pair of shoes.
One belt (no large buckles).
One pair of socks.
Who is responsible for the inmate phones?
Global Tel Link (GTL) maintains the inmate phone system. Inmate families with blocked numbers or billing problems should call:
(800) 483-8314 - Live Answered Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 5:00PM (PST), Automated Operator 24 hrs.
- When can I get court information about an inmate that went to court?
The information will be available after 5:30 pm.
- How do I obtain information about a U.S. Marshall, Immigration, or Board of Prison inmate?
For inquiries about U.S. Marshall Eastern (Fresno) inmates, please call 559-487-5600.
For inquiries about U.S. Marshall Central (Los Angeles) inmates, please call 213-894-2485.
For inquiries about Board of Prison inmates, please call 916-930-2010.
For inquiries about Immigration and Customs Enforcement inmates, please call 661-328-4500.
- What time do inmates get released?
Inmates who are are serving a commitment and are "Time Served" generally get released between 8:00 AM and 12:00 AM (Midnight). Inmates released at court will be let out before midnight on their scheduled release date.
- If I post bail for an inmate, how long does it take to release them?
The release process can take up to 8 hours.
- Can I leave a message for an inmate?
No. We do not accept messages for inmates. If you need to contact an inmate, please send your message via the U.S. Postal Service. If it is an emergency, you may contact the facility chaplin at 661-391-7881.