Skip Navigation Links
Skip navigation links
Frequent Questions
Contact Us
Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If a non-emergency, call 661-861-3110.
Question: If this happened in another city, can I file a report using this online reporting system?
Answer: No.  If a crime took place outside of the Kern County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction, please call the law enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.  If you live within the Kern County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction and are the victim of an identity theft or a financial crime, then continue with online reporting.
Question: What if this happened on a state freeway?
Answer: If this took place on a state freeway, please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.
Question: How do I know if a suspect is considered a "known suspect"?
Answer: If any of the following apply, the suspect is a known suspect:

1.) You can identify the suspect by name.
2.) You know where the suspect can be found.
3.) You know the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect occupied.